Self-Monitoring for Quality Execution of the Protocol, Jeannie Farnsworth, Oncology Clinical Scientist, ICON, on Assignment for Merck
New York State SOCRA Chapter Event Self-Monitoring for Quality Execution of the Protocol
Jeannie Farnsworth, MS, BS, CCRP, MRQA, Oncology Clinical Scientist, ICON, on Assignment for Merck
Register in advance for this meeting: (Zoom Link)
- Determine site or trial improvement areas by:
- Discussing with the PI and/or Clin Ops identified areas for quality improvement.
- Determining if quality improvements at your site align with sponsor monitoring and/or audit findings.
- Reviewing FDA FY2022 top inspection findings to procure a plan for quality at your site.
- Develop and utilize a tool for ensuring quality prior to and after data collection.
- Deliver open, honest monthly trainings based on collective findings and improvements for all personnel involved.
Jeannie Farnsworth, MS, BS, CCRP, MRQA.
Oncology Clinical Scientist, ICON, on Assignment for Merck
Jeannie has been in the clinical research industry for over 22 years as a study coordinator, manager, contractor, consultant, and monitor working on both drug and device clinical trials, predominantly assisting sites with study startup, protocol procurement, trial operations and staff training. She has worked in a variety of settings across the research design process in both the public and private sector, across small and large institutions. She is currently working as a clinical scientist assisting the medical monitor in safety, while serving as the Senior Chapter Chair for the SoCRA Phoenix / Valley of the Sun chapter and as a board member of the SOCRA National Board. In her leisure time, Jeannie enjoys hot yoga, paint nights, dining out with friends, and spending time laughing with her husband, and cheering on her four kids in their various activities.
The Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA - www.SOCRA.org) accepts documentation of candidate participation in continuing education programs for re-certification if the program is applicable to clinical research regulations, operations or management, or to the candidate’s clinical research therapeutic area. This program will provide 1 hour of continuing education hours. When registering, note Certificate of Attendance Need (General or SOCRA).