2023 Medical Device Innovation Challenge (MDIC) Application
MDIC Application Review and Selection Process:
- To be eligible to apply - you have an idea or in early stage commercialization of a medical device per FDA medical device definition. You also agree to meet the requirements of the program: attend all monthly mentor meetings and actively participant in progressing through your team's established Project Plan.
- You are a US-based innovator/startup company/have a team or willing to develop a team during the program.
- Prior year applicants are welcome to apply.
- Applications will be accepted now through March 31.
- The MDIC Review Committee will review all applications with selection made in June. CNYBAC staff will provide notifications by end of June, MDIC Agreements executed in July with selected teams.
- Program starts August 1. CNYBAC provides a stipend to the Syracuse University College of Law Innovation Law Center which provides student-based commercialization research for each selected team - this process may begin prior to August 1.
- MDIC Mentors are assigned to each MDIC Participant Team and 1st Mentor Meeting is scheduled in August.
- MDIC Participants may elect to utilize space in the CNY Biotech Accelerator Creation Garage at no cost for the 6-month program or participate virtually.