Incubate at CNYBAC
CNY Biotech Accelerator (CNYBAC) at Upstate
Thank you for your interest in the biotech early discovery, incubation and acceleration programs at the Central New York Biotech Accelerator (CNYBAC). CNYBAC is located in an Opportunity Zone in Syracuse, NY - near universities, hospitals, mixed use housing options and downtown businesses.
Accepted clients - virtual and those licensing wet lab space - can schedule use of the CNYBAC Creation Garage/Stratasys 3D printer/spools/trays/hardware equipment. Parking is available at no cost in secure lot located directly behind the building. WiFi is also provided. Additionally, the following are benefits you gain as a CNYBAC client: Partner match assistance from CNYBAC staff for collaboration with Upstate Medical University researchers and other ecosystem partners; regulatory mentorship; access to Upstate Medical University Medical Library; utilization of Upstate CORE Facilities at faculty rates; CNYBAC Concept to Commercialization Series, Annual Manufacturing Workshop and Annual Innovation Conference; notices of partner events, networking programs, competitions and funding announcements; Mentorship and Service Provider Networks; NYS Innovation Hot Spot Tax Benefits within an Opportunity Zone.
VIRTUAL: Send a request for virtual occupancy to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send an application to you. Virtual Occupancy Monthly Fee: $75.00.
ON-SITE Occupancy/Licensing Wet Lab Space: For on-site tenancy to license wet lab space:
- Our license rate for dry/wet lab space is set at $25/$30 per square foot for the first year. Calculation: (SF * Rate)/12 months = Monthly License Fee. Parking, scheduled use of meeting rooms, and wireless internet is included in the license fee.
- Subsequent years are increased by $2.00 per square foot for each additional year (example dry lab year 2 - $27.00; year 3 - $29.00)
Steps to Apply:
- Tours are available to view vacant space. You may license an entire lab or a partial space per your needs in a Collaboration Lab where clients share occupancy.
- If interested in applying please email: email@example.com and we will send our Qualification Form to you to complete.
- Upon receipt of your completed Qualification Form, we will provide you with a copy of our standard Client Accelerator Agreement and Handbook for your review.
- Your application and supporting documentation are provided to our Advisory Board for approval. You will be notified if you are accepted into the program within 3-4 days of submission to the Board.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Kathi Durdon, MA, CCRP
CNYBAC Executive Director