Posted By Eric Reinhardt (email@example.com)
Date: 10/18/2021 5:30 PM CNY Business Journal
ALBANY, N.Y. — Businesses from Syracuse, Cazenovia, Binghamton, Hamilton, and Potsdam are among the finalists in FuzeHub’s 2021 commercialization competition.
The event is set for Nov. 8-9 at the Turning Stone Resort Casino in Verona. The competition — part of FuzeHub’s Jeff Lawrence Innovation Fund — is in its fifth year. Twelve entrepreneurs from across New York state will pitch their ideas before a live audience for the chance to win $50,000.
FuzeHub is an Albany–based nonprofit that works to help small and medium-sized manufacturing companies in New York state
“FuzeHub is excited to celebrate these New York State technology entrepreneurs on their pathway to becoming future business leaders in our communities. These awards continue to help a diverse set of start-ups further develop their products and get closer to bringing them to market,” Elena Garuc, executive director of FuzeHub, said.
- Carapace Analytics LLC of Syracuse is focused on advancing technologies in senior care and monitoring.
- “With an expanding desire and need for green energy,” DomCat Technologies, LLC of Binghamton seeks to expand New York’s manufacturing base with its low platinum-content catalysts for fuel-cell applications, as described in the FuzeHub news release.
- Eco-Baggeez LLC of Cazenovia says its patented alternative to plastic sandwich bags will help “put a dent” in the billions of plastic sandwich bags that end up in landfills, waterways, and oceans from U.S. households each year, per the FuzeHub news release.
- Natural Beauty Breast Prosthesis, LLC, of Hamilton manufactures an organic, all-natural fiber, external breast form for women who have had mastectomies without reconstruction.
- Pharmacoustics Technologies, LLC of Potsdam is an ultrasonic characterization/evaluation device startup developing instruments and equipment for assuring and increasing quality in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- SensoLife LLC, also of Potsdam, creates materials and sensing solutions to accelerate healthcare by providing easier, more convenient and inexpensive technology for health monitoring and wearables.